Monday, August 6, 2012

A Zen Moment




Once again, I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics, for Monday Made It.  I have to say, I think this week's Pinterest inspired creation is my favorite so far.  Last year, I had a handful of kiddos who needed a little extra TLC in the behavior department, if you know what I mean.  With that in mind as I go into the new school year, I decided that we could all use a little more zen in our lives this year.  When I saw these cool time-out bottles on Pinterest, I knew I had to make a few for my classroom.  So, without further ado, here is my made-it for the week:
After Shaking
After Shaking
These fabulous time-out bottles were super simple to make!  I just filled up the bottles 3/4 of the way with hot tap water.  I then added a bottle of colored glitter glue and a small container of ultra fine glitter to each bottle.  The customization came next, compliments of clear gel glue.  I added the glue to slow down the speed at which the glitter falls.  Once I got everything just right, the caps were super glued on and the project was complete!  I don't know how much easier they could have been to make.

I figure regardless of what grade you teach or how fast-paced things are in the classroom, there is no doubt that somebody will need a little re-grouping at some point in time.  I don't have an exact plan for the bottles yet, but I know when the time comes, I'll be glad I made them.  If nothing else, I can always use them for a little personal time-out when the going gets tough.

Before Shaking

5 comments:

  1. I think we could all use these.. even if the kids don't! :)

    Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those on Pinterest too. Thanks for the easy explanation on how to make them! I'm a new blogger too, so stop by to see my blog if you get a chance. I'm your newest follower!

    Tamberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an empty coffee creamer (clear) bottle that I saved because I knew I'd do something with it and then thought I'd try putting water, vegetable oil and 2 other liquids (each with a different food color in it) in it. My hope is it would look cool when it was shaken or turned but then return to exactly where it started because of viscosity....but I'm not a big science nerd so I'm just guessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly what happens with these. When you shake them the glitter suspends in the water for a while and then settles back down. I want to use them for those kiddos who just need a brain break or quick mental re-grouping. They are seriously quite soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through the "Made It Monday" Blog Hop and am your newest follower! I just love the idea for these time-out bottles. Thanks for the simple DIY instructions. I am a new blogger myself and would love if you hopped on over to check out my blog: http://teacher-wife.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete